Sunday, August 23, 2009

the end of verano 2009

Summer 2009 has more than made up for the string of bad luck I had been experiencing earlier this year.

and it started with a death. The start of this summer was looking like it would hit a new low..my beloved grandpa passed away just 4 days before his 95th bday. But instead it hit a high note with my cousin's wedding three weeks later where my grandpa's presence was felt everywhere and again this past weekend with the marriage of a good friend from college.

The time between these giant memories was accentuated with dancing days, arty nights, refugee garden visits, a Giants game and a Hmong graduation celebration. A feeling of ''home'' is once again taking hold as I exit my 10th month back in the states (the longest I have done so since 2005..).

maybe this feeling and me are here to stay..

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the feeling will be here to stay! I think with every low we encounter, if we get through it, the reward is twofold. Keep Rocking!
    RIP your grandfather... he led an exciting life.

    ReplyDelete